Upgrade works: La Trobe and William Street intersection
Tuesday 17 August to Thursday 19 August 2021
Date and time
9pm Tuesday 17 August to last tram Thursday 19 August
Reason for service changes
We're doing upgrade works at the intersection of La Trobe and William Streets in readiness for E-class trams running on Route 58.
- Route 58 trams divert via Elizabeth Street, Victoria Street and Swanston Street between Stop 14 Royal Melbourne Hospital and Stop 22 Toorak Road.
- Route 58a runs as a shuttle service between Stop 22 Toorak Road and Stop 2 Market St/Flinders Lane.
- Route 30 trams run a shortened service between St Vincent’s Plaza and Stop 6 Melbourne Central Station/Swanston St.
- Route 35 trams run a shortened service, with no trams between Stop 6 Melbourne Central Station/Swanston St and Stop D1 Stadium Precinct/ La Trobe St.
Tram stops changes
The following tram stops will be closed for the duration of the works:
- Stop 12 Flemington Rd
- Stop 11 Queensberry St
- Stop 10 Victoria St
- Stop 9 Queen Victoria Market
- Stop 8 Franklin St
- Stop 7 Flagstaff Station
- Stop 5 Bourke St
- Stop 4 Collins St
- Stop 5 Melbourne Central Station/Elizabeth St
- Stop 4 Queen St
- Stop 3 Flagstaff Station
- Stop 1 Spencer St
Alternative travel options
- Route 58 passengers may use trams along Bourke, Collins and Flinders Streets to connect with diverting services.
- Route 30 passengers may use Route 86 trams on Bourke Street.
We encourage you to plan your journey, allow extra time and wear a face mask while traveling.