Permits for works
If you’re planning to carry out works on or around the Melbourne tram network you may require a permit.
Works that may require a permit include:
- Works near, above or below tram tracks
- Works on roads with tram tracks
- Works that require traffic to be diverted onto roads with tram tracks
- Works within 20 metres of a tram stop
- Works around any other Yarra Trams assets
Before commencing works you must contact Yarra Trams. We will respond within three business days. Please be aware, lead times for approvals vary according to the location and nature of works so contact us well ahead of the ideal start dates.
For works near, above or below tram tracks, on roads with tram tracks, or within 20m of a tram stop, email: TMP@yarratrams.com.au
For works around other Yarra Trams assets, email: firstname.lastname@example.org