I've lost something
Our process for handling lost property has recently changed. Items of value collected by our depot cleaning teams will be transferred to police stations closest to the depot twice a week. Items of value include passports, mobile phones, laptops, wallets, electronic devices, handbags and medicine.
Regrettably, other items will be disposed of.
Passengers regularly find lost property at tram stops or on trams and hand it in to their local police station. Unfortunately, we have no control over this and suggest that if you are unable to locate your item at one of our local police stations, try other police stations.
Below is a list of routes with local police stations and contact details. Please allow up to 4 days for a lost item of value to be handed in to police.
- Routes 1 and 19: Brunswick Police Station, 630 Sydney Rd, Brunswick, 8378 6000
- Routes 3, 3a, 64 and 67: Caulfield Police Station, 289 Hawthorn Rd, Caulfield, 9524 9500
- Routes 5, 16 and 72: Malvern Police Station, 288 Glenferrie Rd, Malvern, 8823 5600
- Route 6: Brunswick Police Station, 630 Sydney Rd, Brunswick, 8378 6000 or Malvern Police Station, 288 Glenferrie Rd, Malvern, 8823 5600
- Routes 11 and 86: Preston Police Station, 55 Roseberry Ave, Preston, 9479 6111
- Routes 12, 30, 35 City Circle and 96: South Melbourne Police Station, 211 Bank St, South Melbourne, 3800
- Routes 48, 78 and 109: Richmond Police Station, 217 Church Street, Richmond, 8420 3600
- Routes 57, 59 and 82: Flemington Police Station, 30 Wellington St, Flemington, 9371 6100
- Route 58: Flemington Police Station, 30 Wellington St, Flemington, 9371 6100 or Malvern Police Station, 288 Glenferrie Rd, Malvern, 8823 5600
- Routes 70 and 75: Camberwell Police Station, 317 Camberwell Rd, Camberwell South, 9882 0688
If your lost item is has not been turned in to the relevant police stations above, try other police stations along the route and then more broadly if need be. You can find a list for metropolitan police stations here.
If you think you may have lost your item at a tram stop, please contact a police station on that tram route.
I've found something
Please hand the item in to the nearest police station.