Tram Stop Changes
Friday 17 December to Monday 31 January 2022
The Victorian Government is upgrading Melbourne’s tram network to deliver safe, accessible and reliable transport and meet Melbourne’s future transport needs.
In a first tranche of tram stop removals to make the network safer, and as part of the broader improvements to the network, tram stops at eight locations will be closed and removed to improve safety, accessibility, and operational efficiency.
Consolidating stops that are close together will help achieve this.
The eight stops being removed include:
Route 1 & 6
- Stop 119 Park St/Lygon St
- Stop 18 Princes Park & Royal Parade
- Stop 45 Burke Rd & Doncaster Rd (citybound only)
- Stop 18 Erskine St & Abbottsford St
- Stop 13 Burrowes St & Union Rd
- Stop 41 Cantala Ave & Dandenong Rd
- Stop 60 Campbell Rd & Burke Rd
- Stop 36 Bayview Terrace & Maribyrnong Rd
Plan ahead at ptv.vic.gov.au