Third-party works: Glenferrie Road
Saturday 22 January to Friday 28 January 2022
Date and time
Saturday 22 January to Friday 28 January, first to last tram
Reason for service change
We’re renewing tram tracks on Glenferrie Road while VicRoads conducts works to strengthen the bridge over Gardiner Creek. Delivering these essential works will ensure a safe and reliable tram network for passengers and the community.
- Route 16 trams run a shortened service between Melbourne University and Stop 138 Luna Park.
- Tram replacement buses run between Stop 138 Luna Park and Kew, diverting around Gardiner Bridge.
Tram stop changes
The following stops will be closed and will not be serviced by replacement buses:
- Stop 66 Kooyong Tennis Centre
- Stop 48 Hawthorn Road (to Melbourne University only)
Follow orange signage from the stop to get to the nearest alternative service.
For all other affected stops, replacement buses will stop at the footpath near tram stops where possible.
Replacement buses will run to the following frequency:
- Monday to Sunday
- First tram to 9pm: 15 mins
- 9pm to last tram: 25 mins
Alternative travel options:
- Route 3/3a, 5, 64 trams between St Kilda Junction and Hawthorn Road
- Alamein/Glen Waverley Line trains
There may be delays due to traffic congestion around the area. Allow extra time for your journey, and always wear a face mask while travelling.