Swanston St/ St Kilda Rd renewal works
Sunday 27 June to Sunday 11 July 2021
Date and time
2.30am Sunday 27 June to last tram Sunday 11 July
Reason for service changes
We’re renewing tram tracks and overhead wires along Swanston Street, St Kilda Road and Southbank Boulevard. We’re also upgrading Stop 13 Flinders Street Station.
For more information about local area impacts visit our Projects page.
- Route 1 trams divert via Kings Way, William St and La Trobe St between Stop 22 Dorcas St and Stop 7 RMIT University.
- Route 5 trams run between Malvern and Stop 38 Orrong Rd.
- Route 3, 3a, 64 and 72 trams run between Stop 17 Grant St/Police Memorial and the south eastern suburbs.
- Route 6 and 16 trams run in sections with no trams between Stop 11 Collins St and Stop 17 Grant St/Police Memorial.
- Route 67 trams divert along Kings Way, William St and La Trobe St between Stop 22 Toorak Rd and Stop 7 RMIT University.
Tram stop changes
The following tram stops will be closed for the duration of the works:
- Stop 13 Flinders Street Station
- Stop 14 Arts Precinct
- Stop 17 Sturt St/Southbank Bvd
- Stop 18 Grant St/Sturt St
- Stop 19 Miles St/Sturt St
- Stop 20 Kings Way/Sturt St
The work zone will be fenced off for safety but footpaths will remain open around the work area. Please refer to signage around the work zone area to get around.
- Route 1a, 67a and 58 trams between Stop 22 Toorak Rd/Dorcas St and Stop 7 RMIT University travelling along Kings Way, William Street and La Trobe Street.
- Trams along Bourke, Collins and Flinders streets to connect with diverting services from Swanston Street.
- Sandringham, Cranbourne, Frankston, Glen Waverley and Pakenham Line trains between the south eastern suburbs and City Loop stations
Accessible taxi services will be available at Stop 17 Grant St/Police Memorial:
- 7am-8pm on weekdays
- 8am-8pm on weekends
Outside of these hours please speak to our customer service team.
Plan ahead, allow extra time for your journey and wear a face mask while travelling.