Renewal works: Essendon Depot and Mt Alexander Road
Monday 3 January to Tuesday 18 January 2022
Date and time
4pm Monday 3 January to 7am Tuesday 18 January
Reason for changes
We’re renewing tram tracks along Mt Alexander Road, between Mooltan Street and Dean Street, and overhead wires between Fletcher Street and Shamrock Street.
- Until last tram Tuesday 4 January
Trams run in sections, with buses replacing trams between Stop 19 Royal Children's Hospital and Stop 27 Royal Park Station.
- Wednesday 5 January to 7am Tuesday 18 January
Trams run a shortened service with with buses replacing trams between Stop 19 Royal Children's Hospital and West Coburg.
- 7pm Monday 3 January to last tram Monday 17 January
Trams run a shortened service, with buses replacing trams between Stop 19 Royal Children's Hospital and Airport West.
Replacement buses are low-floor. If you need assistance, speak to our customer service team or alert your driver.
Trams and replacement buses run to normal frequency during works, however there may be delays due to traffic congestion around the area.
Allow extra time for your journey, and always wear a face mask while traveling.
Tram stop changes
The following stops will be closed and not serviced by replacement buses:
- Stop 23 Royal Park
- Stop 24 Elliot Avenue
- Stop 25 State Netball Hockey Centre
- Stop 45 Bell Street
- Stop 23 Flemington Community Centre
- Stop 24 Mooltan Street
- Stop 25 Mt Alexander College
- Stop 26 Wellington Street
- Stop 27 Essendon Tram Depot
- Stop 28 Middle Street
- Stop 29 Warrick Street
- Stop 30 Ormond Road
- Stop 31 Montgomery Street
Follow orange signs from tram stops and around work zones to get to the nearest alternative service.
Alternative travel options
- Craigieburn trains between the city and Essendon Station
- Upfield trains between the city and Coburg Station
- Bus 506, 508 between Moonee Ponds Interchange and Sydney Road, and Bus 503, 510 between Essendon Station and Sydney Road connecting with Route 19 trams.
Track you tram replacement bus
During the disruption, find your replacement bus using Busminder below or DM us at @yarratrams for assistance.
Bus replacement service has been impacted by driver availability and the frequency is currently less than the tram timetable. Please allow extra time.
Please note: Due to technical issues, Route 58 bus information may be inaccurate.