Lunar Festival 2021
Sunday 24 January 2021
Date and time
Sunday 24 January, 3am to last tram.
Reason for service changes
Due to road closures associated with the Lunar Festival in Richmond.
- Route 12 trams run as Route 12a between St Kilda and Stop 18 Hoddle St. No trams run between Hoddle Street and Victoria Gardens.
- Route 109 trams run as Route 109a, diverting via Wellington Parade, Bridge Road and Church Street along Route 48, between Stop 8 Spring St and Stop 29 Barkers Rd.
- Buses replace trams between Stop 7 101 Collins St and Stop 29 Barkers Rd. Buses divert around the festival via Church Street, Elizabeth Street and Hoddle Street/Albert Street.
Stops not serviced by replacement buses
- Stop 8 Spring St
- Stop 10 Parliament Station (towards city)
- Stop 11 Albert St (towards city)
- Stop 13 Lansdowne St (towards city)
- Stop 18 Hoddle St (towards city)
- Stop 25 River Blvd
At accessible stops, buses will stop at the footpath nearby where possible.
Alternative travel options
- Trains to or from North Richmond Station on the Hurstbridge or Mernda
- Route 78 trams along Church St.
- Route 246 buses along Hoddle Street between Bridge Road and Victoria Street.
During this time, trams and replacement buses run to normal frequency, however they may not arrive at the scheduled time. We encourage you to allow extra journey time.