Sunday 20 January 2019
Date and time
Sunday 20 January, 3am to last tram.
Reason for service changes
Due to road closures associated with the Lunar Festival in Richmond.
First to last tram
Route 12 trams run as Route 12a between St Kilda and Stop 18 Hoddle St. No trams run between Hoddle St and Victoria Gardens.
3am to last tram
Route 109 trams run as Route 109a, diverting via Wellington Parade, Bridge Road and Church Street along Route 48, between Stop 8 Spring St and Stop 29 Barkers Rd.
Buses replace trams between Stop 7 101 Collins St and Stop 29 Barkers Rd. Buses divert around the festival via Hoddle Street, Elizabeth Street and Church Street.
Stops not serviced by replacement buses
- Stop 8 Spring St. Use temporary stop near Stop 7 101 Collins St (up to 50m / 1 min walk).
- Stop 11 Albert St (to City only). Use Route 11 or 12 trams to connect.
- Stop 12 St Vincent’s Plaza (both directions). Use existing PTV bus stop near Stop 13 Lansdowne St (up to 190m / 2 min walk).
- Stop 18 Hoddle St (both directions). Use temporary stop near Stop 16 Wellington St (up to 500m / 8 min walk).
- Stop 20 Lennox St (both directions). Use temporary stop on the corner of Elizabeth St and Lennox St (up to 160m / 2 min walk).
Buses will stop at the footpath nearby where possible.
Alternative travel options
- Trains to or from North Richmond Station on the Hurstbridge or Mernda
- Route 78 trams along Church St.
- Route 246 buses along Hoddle Street between Bridge Road and Victoria Street.
During this time, trams and replacement buses run to normal frequency, however they may not arrive at the scheduled time. We encourage you to plan your journey and allow extra journey time.