High Street renewal works
Saturday 18 September to Saturday 2 October 2021
Reason for service changes
Works on High Street are temporarily stopping in line with public health directions. While there is no construction on site, buses will still replace trams where work was planned.
For more information about local area impacts visit our Projects page.
Saturday 25 September to Sunday 26 September, first to last tram
- Route 48 trams run a shortened service between Victoria Harbour Docklands and Stop 23 Hawthorn Bridge.
- Buses replace Route 48 trams between Stop 22 Yarra Boulevard and North Balwyn, diverting around the work zone via Barkers Road, Denmark Street, High Street, Harp Road and Burke Road.
- Route 109 trams run a shortened service between Port Melbourne and Stop 27 Findon Crescent.
- Buses replace Route 109 trams between Stop 27 Findon Crescent and Box Hill.
Tram replacement buses will not service the following stops*:
Route 48 and 109
- Stop 31 Stevenson St
- Stop 33 Kew Shopping Centre
- Stop 34 Pakington St
- Stop 40 Harp Village
- Stop 42 Irymple Ave
- Stop 43 Kew High School
- Stop 44 Burke Rd towards North Balwyn
- Stop 29 Barkers Rd towards Port Melbourne
- Stop 34 High St
Monday 27 September to Friday 1 October, first to last tram
- Route 48 trams run a shortened service between Victoria Harbour Docklands and Stop 26 Barkers Rd/Church St
- Buses replace Route 48 trams between Stop 29 Barkers Rd/High St and North Balwyn, diverting via Barkers Road, Denmark Street and Stevenson Street before travelling along High Street and Doncaster Road.
- Route 109 trams resume normal service.
Tram replacement buses will not service the following stops:
- Stop 31 Stevenson St (towards North Balwyn)
- Stop 32 Kew Junction (towards Docklands)
- Stop 51 Balwyn Road
*Temporary bus stops will be located near existing tram stops where possible. Follow signage and advice from our customer service team for replacement buses.
Track your tram replacement bus
Real time bus arrival information for tram replacement buses is available on your smartphone via the Ventura Bus app. For more information about how to use the app, click here.
Download from Apple App Store for your iOS device
Download from Google Play for your Android device
Tram replacement buses are low-floor depending on availability. If you need assistance, speak to our customer service team or alert your driver.
Trams and replacement buses run to the normal frequency during this time, however there may be delays due to traffic congestion around the area.
Allow extra time for your journey, and wear a face mask while travelling.