High Street Northcote third-party works
Sunday 28 November to Sunday 5 December 2021
Date and time
1am Sunday 28 November to last tram Sunday 5 December
Reason for service changes
We’re renewing tram tracks while VicRoads conducts works to strengthen the bridge over Merri Creek. Delivering these essential works will ensure a safe and reliable tram network for passengers and the community.
- Route 86 trams run in sections between:
- Waterfront City Docklands and Stop 25 Clifton Hill Interchange
- Stop 42 Dundas St and Bundoora RMIT
- Buses replace trams between Stop 25 Clifton Hill Interchange and Stop 42 Dundas Street, diverting around the Merri Creek bridge.
Tram stop changes
The following tram stop will be closed for the duration of the works:
- Stop 26 Walker Street/High Street
A temporary bus stop will replace the following stop:
- Stop 27 Westgarth Street/High Street
The work zone will be fenced off. Please refer to signage around the work zone area to get around.
- Route 11 trams between the city and Miller Street
- Buses replace trains on the Mernda Line between Parliament/Clifton Hill and Reservoir from 9pm Monday 29 November to last service Thursday 2 December
- Regular Mernda Line train services resume from Friday 3 December
Track your tram replacement bus
During the disruption, find your replacement bus using Busminder below or DM us at @yarratrams for assistance.
Replacement buses are low-floor. If you need assistance, speak to our customer service team or alert your driver.
Trams and replacement buses run to normal frequency during works, however there may be delays due to traffic congestion around the area.
Allow extra time for your journey, and always wear a face mask while traveling.