Eastern Road renewal works
Monday 22 February to Thursday 25 February 2021
Date and time
Monday 22 February to Thursday 25 February, first to last tram
Reason for service changes
We’re renewing tram tracks on Eastern Road between Park Street and Kings Way.
For more information about local area impacts visit our project page.
- Route 1 trams run a shortened service, with buses replacing trams between Stop 14 Arts Precinct and South Melbourne Beach.
- Replacement buses will divert around the workzone and will use temporary stops close to tram stops.
Tram stop changes
The following tram stop will be closed and will not be serviced by replacement buses:
- Stop 22 Dorcas Street
- Stop 23 Moray Street
Replacement buses will pick up and drop off passengers from temporary bus stops located within walking distance of the following tram stops:
- Stop 17 Sturt Street
- Stop 18 Grant Street
- Stop 20 Kings Way
- Stop 24 Clarendon Street (to South Melbourne Beach)
- Stop 25 Cecil Street
- Stop 26 Ferrars Street (to East Coburg)
- Stop 27 Montague Street
- Stop 32 Beaconsfield Parade
Replacement buses are low-floor accessible depending on availability. Speak to our Customer Service team or alert your driver if you need assistance.
- Route 12 trams between Clarendon Street/Park Street and the city
- Route 96 trams between South Melbourne and the city.
Plan ahead, allow extra time for your journey and wear a face mask while travelling on public transport.