Burke Road renewal works
Saturday 24 July to Sunday 25 July 2021
Date and time
Saturday 24 July to Sunday 25 July, first to last tram
Reason for service changes
We’re doing track maintenance works in Burke Road between Riversdale Road and Cotham Road.
For more information about local area impacts visit our Projects page.
- Route 72 trams run a shortened service between Melbourne University and Stop 51 Gardiner Station.
Buses replace Route 72 trams between Stop 51 Gardiner Station and Camberwell, diverting around the work zone.
Tram stops changes
The following tram stops will be closed but will be serviced by replacement buses, departing from temporary bus stops located within walking distance from the tram stops:
- Stop 59 Seymour Grove
- Stop 61 Riversdale Road
- Stop 63 Prospect Hill Road
- Stop 66 Rathmines Road
The following tram stops will be closed and will not be serviced by replacement buses. Follow signage at stop to get to the nearest alternative service.
- Stop 60 Campbell Road in both directions
- Stop 62 Camberwell Shopping Centre towards Camberwell
- Stop 64 Camberwell Station in both directions
- Stop 65 Victoria Road in both directions
- Stop 67 Camberwell Girls Grammar in both directions
Tram replacement buses are low-floor depending on availability. If you need assistance, speak to our customer service team or alert your driver.
If possible, avoid the area for the duration of the works or consider the following alternative travel options:
- Bus 624 along Tooronga Road and Auburn Road between Carrol Crescent and Cotham Road.
- Route 16 and 70/75 trams between Glenferrie Road/ Malvern Road and Riversdale Road
During works, trams and replacement buses run to the normal frequency, however they may be delayed due to traffic congestion.
We encourage you to plan ahead and allow extra time for your journey.