Route 57 & 82 - Network upgrade work - Saturday 28 to Monday 30 April
Saturday 28 April to Tuesday 1 May 2018
Service changes will apply on Route 57 & 82 trams from Saturday 28 April to Monday 30 April, first to last tram.
Reason for service changes
Due to road closures associated with network upgrade works on Maribyrnong Rd and Raleigh Rd.
- Route 57 trams will operate as Route 57a, with buses replacing trams between West Maribyrnong and a temporary Stop in Union Rd near Stop 33 Melbourne Showgrounds, diverting around the work zone.
- Buses will replace all Route 82 trams between Stop 32 Moonee Ponds Junction and Stop 64 Footscray Station, diverting around the work zone.
- Buses will stop at temporary stops or existing kerbside tram stops along both routes.
Alternative travel options
Passengers can consider Craigieburn line trains as an alternative.
During works, trams and replacement buses will operate to the normal frequency, however they may not arrive at the scheduled time due to traffic congestion. We recommend you allow extra time for your journey.
Tram stop changes
The following stops will not be serviced by trams or replacement buses:
- Saturday 28 April to Sunday 29 April, first to last tram: Stop 34 Burrowes St to Stop 42 Clyde St.
- Monday 30 April, first to last tram: Stop 34 Burrowes St to Stop 39 Bowen St.
- Saturday 28 April to Sunday 29 April, first to last tram: Stop 38 Hotham St to Stop 42 Clyde St.
- Monday 30 April, first to last tram: Stop 38 Hotham St and Stop 39 Bowen St.