CBD - Public event - ANZAC Day Parade - Wednesday 25 April
Wednesday 25 April to Wednesday 25 April 2018
Extra trams will operate for the Dawn Service taking place at the Shrine of Remembrance at 6am. Trams will operate from the suburbs on most routes to connect to the Swanston St/St Kilda Rd corridor.
Service changes apply on some CBD trams on Wednesday 25 April from 6am to 2pm, due to the ANZAC Day Parade.
Affected trams will operate with an 'a' alongside their route number to reflect the changes.
Routes 1 & 6
- Trams will operate in sections, with no trams between a temporary stop in Southbank Blvd near St Kilda Rd and Stop 8 Melbourne Central Station.
Routes 5, 16 & 72
- Trams will operate between the south eastern suburbs and a temporary stop in Southbank Blvd near St Kilda Rd (on Route 1), diverting via Park St, Kings Way and Sturt St.
- The last accessible stop on the diversion will be Stop 119
Wells St (on Route 58).
Routes 3a, 64 & 67
- Trams will operate between the south eastern suburbs and Stop 8 Franklin St (on Route 58) diverting via Park St, Kings Way and William St.
- The last accessible stop on the diversion will be Stop 115 Casino/Southbank.
Routes 11 & 48
- Trams will operate in sections, with no trams between Stop 5 Elizabeth St and Stop 7 101 Collins St.
Routes 12 & 109
- Trams will divert via La Trobe St between St Vincent's Plaza and Southern Cross Station.
- There are no accessible stops in La Trobe St. The last accessible stops before the diversion are Stop 122 Southern Cross Station and Stop 12 St Vincent's Plaza.
Routes 70 & 75
- Trams will operate in sections, with no trams between Stop 6 Russell St and Stop 2 Melbourne Aquarium.
- Trams will operate a shortened service, operating between Stop 2 Melbourne Aquarium and Stop 6 Russell St, via Flinders St, Harbour Esp and La Trobe St.
- Service changes also affect all tram routes due to the ANZAC Day Public Holiday and may also affect Transdev Bus 216, 219 and 220 during the parade. For more details about bus service changes.
During these changes, trams will operate to their normal frequency. However, they may not arrive at the scheduled time. Yarra Trams suggests you allow extra time for your journey.