Routes 1 & 6 - Tram improvement work - Saturday 19 & Sunday 20 August
Saturday 19 August to Sunday 20 August 2017
Service changes apply on Route 1 & 6 trams from first tram Saturday 19 to last tram Sunday 20 August, due to tram improvement work on Lygon St.
UPDATE: Stop 121 Weston St is not being serviced by replacement buses towards South Melb Beach/Glen Iris. Passengers may wish to consider Stop 122 Glenlyon Rd to connect.
- Information about the Lygon St tram improvement work including expected impacts for motorists and local residents.
- Routes 1 & 6 will operate as Routes 1a & 6a, with buses replacing trams between Stop 112 Lygon St and Stop 129 Moreland Rd. Buses will divert around the work zone and stop changes will apply.
Stop 1 Melbourne University will be the last accessible stop for the duration of the works. Passengers with accessibility needs should talk to our customer service staff for assistance.
Tram stop changes
- Stop 112 Lygon St: trams will use a temporary tram stop near the footpath.
- Stop 120 Brunswick Rd: walk to Stop 122 Glenlyon Rd or Stop 119 Park St to connect with replacement buses.
Alternative travel options
- Consider Route 19 trams along Elizabeth St/Sydney Rd or Route 96 trams along Bourke St/Nicholson St.
- Consider Transdev Bus 250 or 251 between the City & Brunswick East.
During the work, trams and replacement buses will operate to the normal frequency, however they may not arrive at the scheduled time. We suggest you allow extra time for your journey.
For train, tram and bus information or to provide feedback call 1800 800 007 6am-midnight (all night Friday & Saturday).