CBD trams - Public event - Sunday 15 October
Sunday 15 October to Sunday 15 October 2017
Service changes will apply on some CBD trams on Sunday 15 October, from first tram to 12:45pm due to a public event.
From first tram until 12:15pm
- Route 1a trams will divert via Kings Way, William St and La Trobe St, between Stop 22 Dorcas St and Stop 7 RMIT University.
- Route 58a trams will operate in sections, with no trams between Stop 116 City Rd and Stop 21 Bowen Cres/St Kilda Rd.
- Passengers may consider diverting Transdev bus routes 216, 219 and 220 between Stop 115 Casino/Southbank and Punt Rd/Toorak Rd to connect.
- Kings Way passengers may connect with diverting Route 1a trams between Stop 116 City Rd and Stop 118 Sturt St.
- Route 70a trams will operate in sections, with no trams between Stop 7C MCG/Hisense Arena and Stop 4 Flinders St Station/Elizabeth St.
- Passengers may consider trains between Flinders Street Station and Richmond Station to connect.
From 6:45am until 9:45am
- Route 3a, 5a, 6a, 64a and 72a trams will operate in sections, with no trams between Stop 14 Arts Precinct and Stop 11 Collins St.
From 6:45am until 12:45pm
- Route 96a trams will operate between East Brunswick and Stop 132 St Kilda Station. Passengers may change for a Route 3a or 16 tram in Fitzroy St to continue their journey.
From 7am until 9:15am
- Route 75a trams will divert via Spring St and La Trobe St, between Stop 9 Lansdowne St and Stop D2 Central Pier.
During these changes, trams will operate to their normal frequency. However, they may not arrive at the scheduled time.
There will be no public parking at the MCG in Yarra Park. We suggest you allow extra time for your journey.
For train, tram and bus information or to provide feedback, call 1800 800 007 6am-midnight (all night Friday & Saturday).