CBD - New Years Eve - Sunday 31 December
Sunday 31 December to Monday 1 January 2018
Extra trams will operate all night on most routes, with service changes due to road closures associated with New Year's Eve.
Enjoy free travel from 6pm New Year's Eve to 6am New Year's Day.
From 5.30pm to 2.30am
Shuttle trams will operate along St Kilda Rd between Stop 32 Chapel St/Dandenong Rd and Stop 20 Domain Interchange.
Passengers should take any shuttle tram along St Kilda Rd to connect with trams to the suburbs.
- Route 1 trams will operate in sections, with no trams between Stop 8 Melbourne Central Station and Stop 22 Dorcas St. Trams from South Melbourne Beach will divert after Stop 22 via Kings Way, to Stop 116 City Rd.
- Route 3a/16/67 trams will operate between the suburbs and Stop 30 St Kilda Junction.
- Route 5/64 trams will operate between the suburbs and Stop 32 Chapel St.
- Route 6 trams will operate in sections, with no trams between Stop 8 Melbourne Central Station and a temporary stop in High St at St Kilda Rd.
- Route 72 trams will operate between Camberwell and a temporary stop in Commercial Rd at St Kilda Rd.
- Route 58 trams will operate in sections, with no trams between Stop 2 Market St and Stop 116 City Rd.
- Route 70/75 trams will operate in sections, with no trams between Stop 4 Flinders St Station/Elizabeth St and Stop 6 Russell St. No trams will operate in Docklands.
From 6pm to 2am
- Route 86 trams will operate between Bundoora RMIT and Stop 119 La Trobe St.
From 10pm to 1am
- Route 11/48 trams will operate in sections, with no trams between Stop 5 Elizabeth St and Stop 7 101 Collins St.
- Route 12/109 trams will divert via La Trobe St, between Stop 12 St Vincent's Plaza and Stop 124 Batman Park.
- Route 19/57/59/96 trams will operate as normal, but at a higher frequency.
- Route 78/82 trams will operate to a normal Sunday timetable & frequency.
- City Circle trams will operate until 5.30pm only.
During these changes, trams will operate to a higher than usual frequency; however some trams will only operate along part of the route to service areas of high passenger demand.
We recommend you plan your journey.
For more information visit ptv.vic.gov.au or call 1800 800 007 6am - midnight (all night Friday & Saturday).