Victoria Street Renewal Works
Friday 21 August to Saturday 29 August 2020
Date and time
8pm Friday 21 August to last tram Saturday 29 August
Reason for service changes
Due to tram track and overhead renewal works taking place on Victoria Street in Richmond.
Visit our Victoria Street tram track renewal project page for more information about local area impacts.
- No Route 12 trams run between Stop 18 Hoddle Street and Victoria Gardens.
- Route 109 trams divert via Bridge Road between Stop 8 Spring Street and Stop 29 Barkers Road.
- Buses replace Route 12 and Route 109 trams between Stop 16 Wellington Street and Stop 29 Barkers Road, diverting around the work zone.
- Route 12 trams are also diverting via La Trobe Street as part of a COVID-19 response plan to increase overall capacity in the city. Collins Street passengers can take Route 11 trams to connect.
- From 8pm each night, tram services run to a reduced frequency due to Stage 4 restrictions. All Night Network services, which run after midnight on Friday and Saturday nights, are also suspended.
Tram stop changes
The following tram stops will be closed. Replacement buses will stop at the footpath near platform stops where possible.
- Stop 18 Hoddle Street (to St Kilda/Port Melbourne)
- Stop 21 Church Street
- Stop 22 McKay Street
- Stop 23 Flockhart Street/Leslie Street (from 5am Wednesday 12 August due to pre works, city bound only)
- Stop 24 Victoria Gardens
- Stop 25 River Boulevard
Tram replacement buses are low-floor depending on availability. If you need assistance, please speak to our customer service team or alert your driver.
- Passengers may use Route 78 trams on Church Street or Bus 246 on Hoddle Street to connect with diverting services.
We encourage you to plan ahead and allow extra time for your journey.