Route 96 - St Kilda Light Rail
Sunday 26 May 2019
Date and time
Sunday 26 May, 5am to last tram.
Reason for service changes
We’re renewing overhead wires along St Kilda light rail.
Route 96 trams will run as Route 96a, with buses replacing trams between Stop 125 Clarendon St Junction and Stop 138 Luna Park.
Stops not serviced by replacement buses
- Stop 126 City Rd (in both directions). Connect with replacement buses at a temporary stop near Stop 127 South Melbourne (up to 400m / 5 min walk along Ferrars Street).
- Stop 133 Canterbury Rd (to St Kilda Beach). Consider Route 3a/16 trams to Luna Park as an alternative.
- Stop 134 Park St (to East Brunswick). Connect with replacement buses at a temporary stop in Fitzroy Street near Stop 133 Canterbury Rd.
- Stop 135 Jacka Blvd (in both directions). Connect with replacement buses at a temporary stop in Fitzroy Street (up to 400m / 5 min walk). For Luna Park, consider Route 3a/16 trams as an alternative.
- Stop 139 Acland St (in both directions). Connect with replacement buses at an existing PTV bus stop opposite Stop 138 Luna Park. For the City, consider Route 3a/16 trams from Stop 138 Luna Park as an alternative.
Alternative travel options
- Route 12 trams between St Kilda and Collins Street in the City
- Route 3a/16 trams along The Esplanade, Fitzroy Street and St Kilda Road.
During the works, trams and replacement buses will run to the normal frequency, however they may not arrive at the scheduled time. We recommend you plan ahead and allow extra time for your journey.