Simpson Street and Wellington Parade renewal works
Sunday 25 October to Sunday 1 November 2020
Date and time
10pm Sunday 25 October to last tram Sunday 1 November.
Reason for service changes
We’re upgrading the Wellington Parade tram terminus near Simpson Street. We’re also renewing tram tracks and overhead wires along Wellington Parade between Powlett Street and Hoddle Street in East Melbourne.
- Route 48 trams divert via Victoria Street between Stop 8 Spring St and Stop 31 Stevenson St.
- Buses replace Route 48 trams between Stop 10 Parliament Station/Macarthur St and Stop 26 Barkers Rd/Church St, diverting around the work zone.
- Route 75 trams divert via Swan Street between Stop 6 Russell St and Stop 29 Riversdale Junction.
- Buses replace Route 75 trams between Stop 6 Russell St and Stop 29 Riversdale Junction, diverting around the work zone.
Tram stop changes
The following tram stops will not be serviced by replacement buses.
- Stop 8 Spring Street (Route 75 only)
- Stop 9 Lansdowne Street (Route 48 to city only)
- Stop 13 Simpson Street
- Stop 23 Hawthorn Bridge
Tram replacement buses are low-floor depending on availability. Speak to our customer service team or alert your driver if you need assistance.
Alternative travel options
Consider Route 78 trams on Church Street or Bus 246 on Hoddle Street to connect with diverting services.