Route 86 - Tram improvement work - Saturday 2 to Monday 4 June (1)
Thursday 26 April to Wednesday 20 June 2018
Date and time
1.30am Saturday 2 June to last tram Monday 4 June.
Reason for service changes
We're renewing tram tracks on Smith Street and Queens Parade in Clifton Hill.
- Route 86 trams operate as Route 86a, with buses replacing trams between Stop 10 Parliament Station and Stop 25 Clifton Hill Interchange.
- Buses divert around the work zone and stop changes apply.
Tram stop changes
- Stop 21 Alexandra Parade & Stop 22 Smith Street not serviced by tram replacement buses. Use Stop 21 Keele Street or Stop 23 Wellington Street instead.
- Replacement bus services are accessible, however tram replacement bus stops at Stop 23 Wellington Street & Stop 24 Michael Street are not accessible.
- If you require assistance on your journey please ask our Customer Service staff for help or call 1800 800 007.
Alternative travel options
- You may consider South Morang or Hurstbridge line trains between the City and the suburbs as an alternative.
During the work, trams & replacement buses operate to the normal frequency, however they may not arrive at the scheduled time. Allow extra time for your journey.
For train, tram and bus information or to provide feedback, call 1800 800 007 6am-midnight (all night Friday & Saturday).