Route 3, 3a, 16 and 67 - St Kilda Rd, Brighton Rd and Fitzroy St
Saturday 20 July to Sunday 28 July 2019
Date and time
1.30am Saturday 20 July to last tram Sunday 28 July
Reason for service changes
We’re renewing tram tracks on sections of St Kilda Road, Brighton Road and Fitzroy Street.
Saturday 20 July to Saturday 27 July, first to last tram
- Route 3/3a trams divert via Dandenong Road and Hawthorn Road between Stop 30 St Kilda Junction and Stop 52 Caulfield Park Bowling Club.
- Route 16 trams run in sections, with no trams between Stop 30 St Kilda Junction and Stop 132 Princes St.
- Walk to connect between Stop 30 St Kilda Junction and Stop 132 Princes St (up to 450m / 6 min walk).
1.30am Saturday 20 July to 1.30am Saturday 27 July
- Buses replace Route 67 trams between Stop 29 Union St and Stop 38 Brunning St.
1.30am Saturday 27 July to last tram Sunday 28 July
- Buses replace Route 67 trams between Stop 29 Union St and Stop 43 Brighton Rd.
Tram replacement buses will use the service lane on St Kilda Road and Brighton Road in both directions, stop changes apply.
Alternative travel options
If possible, avoid the area and consider alternative travel options for the duration of the works.
- Cranbourne, Pakenham, Frankston and Sandringham line trains.
- Bus Route 246 between Barkly Street/Carlisle Street and St Kilda Junction.
During the works, trams and replacement buses run to the normal frequency however some delays may occur due to traffic congestion. Please allow extra time for your journey.
- The last accessible stop for Route 16 trams towards the city is Stop 134 Park St. Passengers for the city can also connect with accessible low-floor trams on the Route 96 at this stop.
- The last accessible stop for Route 16 trams towards Kew is Stop 29 Union St.
Replacement buses are low-floor depending on availability. If you need assistance, please speak to our customer service team or alert your driver.