Metro works - Saturday 6 to Sunday 14 July - St Kilda Rd trams
Saturday 6 July to Sunday 14 July 2019
Metro works: Buses replace trains
Major construction works are taking place across the Metro train network. An increased demand for tram services and delays due to traffic congestion is expected during this time.
Cranbourne, Pakenham and Frankston
Buses replace trains between Flinders Street and Caulfield Station:
- From 12.45am Saturday 6 July to last train Friday 12 July
Buses replace trains between Flinders Street and Moorabbin Station:
- From 12.45am Saturday 13 July to last train Sunday 14 July
Increased demand is expected on Route 3/3a, 5, 6, 16, 64, 67 and 72 trams.
Buses replace trains between Flinders Street and Sandringham Station:
- From 12.30am Saturday 6 July to last train Sunday 7 July
- From 12.30am Saturday 13 July to last train Sunday 14 July
Increased demand is expected on Route 3a, 5, 6, 16, 64, 67 and 78 trams.
In order to provide more capacity along St Kilda Road and to the south east suburbs, the following tram service changes are in place during weekdays.
Route 3, 67 and 72 trams will run a shortened service with no trams running between Stop 13 Flinders Street Station and Melbourne University.
Passengers wishing to continue their journey to Melbourne University can change at Flinders Street Station for any other Swanston Street tram service.
Key impacted areas
We expect to see higher than usual demand for tram services or delays due to extra traffic at key train locations, including:
- Caulfield Station on the Route 3/3a
- Carlisle Street/Balaclava Road on the Route 3/3a and 16
- South Yarra Station/Toorak Rd on the Route 58
- Flinders St Station/Swanston Street for St Kilda Road trams
We encourage you to plan ahead and allow extra time for your tram journey or consider alternative travel options where possible.
For further information on train service changes visit ptv.vic.gov.au