Extreme weather Friday 25 January
Friday 25 January 2019
Date and time
Friday 25 January, first tram to 9pm.
Tram service changes
Some services will run to an extreme weather timetable. Air-conditioned trams will be used where possible across the network.
From first tram to 9pm
Buses replace trams between North Richmond and Balaclava. All stops will be serviced.
Buses replace trams between Moonee Ponds and Footscray
Buses will service the following stops at temporary stops or existing bus stops at the footpath nearby:
- Stop 32 Moonee Ponds Junction
- Stop 46 Rosamond Rd
- Stop 48 Wests Rd
- Stop 49 Waterford Ave
- Stop 50 Williamson Rd
- Stop 51 Highpoint Shopping Centre
- Stop 52 River St
- Stop 53 Maribyrnong Secondary College
- Stop 54 Gordon St
- Stop 59 Droop St
- Stop 64 Footscray Station
Replacement buses will operate to the normal tram frequency, however they may not arrive at the scheduled time. Please plan ahead and allow extra time for your journey.
In extreme heat
What we do:
- Trams with cooling are used wherever possible
- We increase our maintenance teams to monitor and repair trams
- We have extra passenger information officers in our operations centre to support passengers via social media
- We may reduce services in the middle of the day, so they are ready and able to get you home in the evening peak
What you can do:
- Carry drinking water and stay hydrated
- If possible, travel in the morning or evening to avoid the hottest part of the day
- Wear a sunhat or carry an umbrella to use while waiting at stops without shade
- Allow extra time for your journey in case of service disruptions due to the weather
Trams with cooling
Trams with cooling operate on Routes 1, 3, 3a, 5, 6, 11, 16, 19, 48, 58, 59, 64, 67, 70, 72, 75, 86, 96 and 109.
Our tramTRACKER® app indicates which trams have cooling with a snowflake symbol.
Report an issue
Our drivers don’t operate the heating and cooling systems on our trams. However, they are in constant contact with our operations centre who can log faults. If the heating or cooling system on your tram isn’t working properly, please let your driver know.
You can also tweet the tram number to @yarratrams or call 1800 800 007, daily 6am - midnight (24 hours a day Fridays and Saturdays).