ANZAC Day Parade
Thursday 25 April 2019
Date and time
Thursday 25 April , 6am to 2pm.
Extra trams run for the 6am Dawn Service at the Shrine of Remembrance. Trams run from the suburbs on most routes to connect to the Swanston Street / St Kilda Road corridor.
Service changes apply to trams across the network due to road closures associated with the ANZAC Day Parade.
Affected trams run with an ’a’ alongside their route number to reflect service changes.
- Trams run in sections, with no trams between Stop 17 Sturt St and Stop 8 Melbourne Central Station.
- Trams run in sections, with no trams between Stop 22 Toorak Rd and Stop 8 Melbourne Central Station. After Stop 22 Toorak Rd, trams divert via Park Street, Kings Way and Sturt Street to Stop 17 Sturt St.
Route 5, 16 and 72
- Trams run between the south eastern suburbs and Stop 22 Toorak Road, then diverting via Park Street, Kings Way and Sturt Street to Stop 17 Sturt St.
- Stop 17 Sturt Street (towards the City) will be the last accessible stop.
Route 3, 64 and 67
- Trams run between the south eastern suburbs and Stop 22 Toorak Road diverting via Park Street, Kings Way and William Street to Stop 8 Franklin St.
Route 11 and 48
- Trams run in sections, with no trams between Stop 5 Elizabeth St and Stop 7 101 Collins St.
Route 12 and 109
- Trams divert via La Trobe Street between Stop 12 St Vincent’s Plaza and Stop 124 Batman Park.
- Please note, there are no accessible stops along La Trobe Street between St Vincent’s Plaza and Spencer Street.
Route 70 and 75
- Trams run in sections, with no trams between Stop 6 Russell St and Stop 2 Melbourne Aquarium.
City Circle and Route 30
- Trams won’t run until 2pm.
- Service changes also affect all tram routes due to the ANZAC Day Public Holiday. For more details about service changes.
During these changes, trams run to their normal frequency. However, they may not arrive at the scheduled time. We encourage you to plan ahead and allow extra time for your journey.