Tram Network Upgrade - Toorak Road Tram Terminus - 24 May to 3 June 2017
Wednesday 26 April 2017
Following the construction of the Toorak Road Tram Terminus in December 2015, Yarra Trams and Public Transport Victoria will be installing driver facilities on the platform. The use of alternate facilities at nearby premises has been investigated, however, installing facilities on the platform as originally planned is now the most viable option.
- Driver facilities will be installed on the western end of the platform at Stop 42 Glenferrie Road.
- We have an obligation to provide drivers with an amenity within reasonable distance of the terminus to comply with occupational health and safety requirements.
- Driver facilities are permanently locked and are not open to the public.
Works will occur in three stages between Wednesday 24 May and Saturday 3 June 2017:
- Water connection works will occur between 8pm on Wednesday 24 May and 5am on Thursday 25 May.
- Driver facilities will be installed between 7pm on Monday 29 May and 5am on Tuesday 30 May.
- Minor finishing works will continue during daylight hours until Saturday 3 June.
Residents can expect to see and hear a number of work crews on site during the installation. Some noisy works at night are required to minimise impact to the busy arterial road.
There will be no impact to scheduled tram services.
Toorak Road will be temporarily closed to eastbound traffic, between Power Avenue and Glenbervie Road, from 8pm on Wednesday 24 May to 5am on Thursday 25 May.
Traffic controllers will be in place to maintain local access. Through traffic will be diverted via Hopetoun Road.
Keeping the local community informed
For more information or to offer feedback visit ptv.vic.gov.au or call 1800 800 007 6am to midnight (all night Friday & Saturday).
We thank you for your patience and regret any inconvenience caused by these works.