Tram Network Upgrade - Brunswick East
Friday 16 December 2016
In partnership with Yarra Trams, PTV has built a new tram power substation at 225 Nicholson Street, Brunswick East.
Over the past couple of months electrical works have been undertaken within the substation building and underground cables have been installed to feed the power supply from the new substation into the tram network. Site fences have also been removed from the site.
What is planned?
- The final stage of finishing work will include minor overhead works, electrical works within the substation, and a general clean-up as workers demobilise from the site
- Minor defects rectification and ongoing general maintenance will continue as part of normal Yarra Trams' business activities
Minimising impacts for the local community
- During this time residents and traders can expect to hear some construction-related noise
- Our workers will be mindful of keeping noise to a minimum and respecting the needs of the local community
Providing a tram network for the future
- The substation will soon be commissioned and will provide power to nearby Route 96 from early-2017
- This important power supply upgrade project will support the Melbourne tram network and help cater for future growth and demand
Keeping the local community informed
- We thank you for your patience and understanding during this important upgrade work
- If you would like to know more about this upgrade, please call 1800 800 007 or email email@example.com
- Tram Network Upgrade - Brunswick East substation update notification letter (PDF, 246KB)