Melbourne Art Trams
Melbourne Art Trams is running again for its fourth year!
Artwork has been selected to appear on eight of our trams. These
moving pieces of artwork will be appearing on the tram network from
October 2016 to April 2017.
The theme for this year's Art Trams is
Community. Selected artists are:
- Damiano Bertoli: D1-Class tram 3509 on routes
5, 6, 8, 16 & 72
- Eddie Botha: Z3-Class tram 209 on routes 55,
57, 59 & 82
- Jon Cattapan: B-Class tram 2128 on routes 3,
3a, 64, 67 & 78
- Eliza Dyball: B-Class tram 2123 on routes 1, 8
- Megan Evans and Eve Glenn: B-Class tram 2018
on route 86
- Joceline Lee: A-Class tram 270 on routes 12
- Mimi Leung: C1-Class tram 3008 on routes 48
- Reko Rennie: B-Class tram 2013 on routes 70
Yarra Trams is pleased to work in partnership with Melbourne
Festival, Creative Victoria and Public Transport Victoria to see
this come to life.
People's Choice Award
Congratulations to Mimi Leung, winner of the Melbourne Art
Trams People's Choice Award.
Art Trams history
Between 1978 and 1993, a project called Transporting Art saw 36
of Melbourne's iconic trams completely repainted by some of
Australia's most renowned artists. In 2013 Transporting Art was
reimagined to become Melbourne Art Trams, an annual celebration of
art and our iconic trams together in Melbourne.