Melbourne Art Trams
Melbourne Art Trams 2016-17
Melbourne Art Trams is a creative partnership between Melbourne
Festival, Creative Victoria and Public Transport Victoria, in
collaboration with Yarra Trams.
Now in its fifth year, Melbourne Art Trams is a revival of
the Transporting Art project that ran between
1987 and 1993.
This year's artwork has been selected to appear on eight of our
trams. These moving pieces of art will appear on the tram network
from October 2017 to April 2018.
2017 Melbourne Art Tram artists, and tram details are:
- Bushra Hasan - No' 2007 - B-Class - Route 11,
- Justine McAllister - No' 273 -
A-Class - Route 70, 75
- Josh Muir - No' 2054 - B-Class - Route
- Oliver Hutchinson - No' 5106 - C2-Class - Route 96
- Emma Anna - No' 3532 - D1-Class - Route 5, 6, 16, 58, 72
- St Albans Heights Primary School's Community Hub - No'
5002 - D2-Class - Route 6,19
- Robert Owen - No' 3008 - C1-Class - Route 48,
- Matthew Clarke - No' 2021 - B-Class - Route 3, 64,
The first Melbourne Art Tram will be launched on Thursday 5